Monday, October 5, 2015

{week 35}

Good morning friends and family! This week has been pretty crazy honestly! So on Tuesday, we were on exchanges and I was with an elder named elder hunt. He's a super chill guy and he is from California. You always learn a ton on exchanges. Elder hunt and I had a ton of fun that day and I had the opportunity to give a blessing to one of our less-actives we are working with. Giving blessings is the best! The spirit is always so strong when you're giving them. My comp and I are doing great. He loves Grantsville just like everyone who comes out here. I've come to the conclusion that I would rather live in a more country place rather than the city just because the people are so much nicer and I love how everyone is so close out here! But I don't think I could live as rural as it is in Grantsville... I think Texas is just perfect hahaha. On Saturday, we had a crazy busy fun day. We started out with a baptism that was an autistic girl who was 8 years old. The bishop just suggested that we be there to show our support to the family because they were less-active. It was a great experience. It was so crazy because the girl was being kind of rowdy in he font but right when her dad started saying the prayer she just immediately settled down and was reverent. It was crazy. She is probably closer to Christ than most of us regular people are. Sometimes we take what we have for granted and we think "I wish I just had this" when we don't do enough at looking at the beauty around us. I know I'm guilty of that and most of us are. When we truly count our blessings, we realize that we have it pretty great (: but anyways, after the baptism we went out and proselyted for a couple hours. Then we had a golf tournament with one of our wards to build some member trust and to get to talk to a few less-actives. We played a 4 man scramble. My team won with 2 under on 9 holes. Not too great but it was a ton of fun and successful! Then after that, one of our ward mission leaders asked us if we could play on his soccer team because they were short players and he said registration was free for us so we decided to play. It was 8v8 and there is actually quite a few non-members on the team which was a plus for us to talk to them about the gospel in a non-threatening way. We ended up losing the game 3-4 but I had the 3 goals so it was a good game! Hahaha then on Sunday my comp and I had to give a talk in one of he 9 wards that we cover and by this time giving talks is pretty easy for me but it's still nerve-racking when you're sitting up there but once you get up its great! My comp spoke first and he's only been out 3 months but he's a great speaker! After he spoke, I spoke and I got up and I was like I've been out about 2 weeks and the crowd laughed but then I said I was kidding and I had been out about 9 months. It's always good to start with a joke to wake up the crowd!! Hahaha it was great. The church is true, the book is blue! Love you guys! 

No comments:

Post a Comment