Tuesday, June 2, 2015

{week 19}

Dude week 19!! Crazy how fast time is flying by! This week has been a week filled with good, bad, crazy spiritual, old area sickness, comp withdrawal, and harsh bashing experiences.  So I got a new companion and his name is Elder Kelley. My new area is the Taylorsville North Stake which is at the very top of my tiny little mission haha. This area is definitely much more low-end than my last area. It's taken a lot of adjusting to get used to. The first few days were crazy rough just missing Elder Gilman and my old area and the people I left behind in my first area. I miss them all so much. My last day, we went around talking to the people I wanted to say bye to and It was almost as bad as saying goodbye to my family back home. I'll always be thankful for the time I had in the Bennion East Stake and all the amazing people I met there. But I'm still continuing to chase what matters and make the Taylorsville North stake my new home and loving the people! My companion Elder Kelley has been in this area now for about 3 months so everyone knows him so it's really hard trying to talk to people because he knows just about everyone! I've really been relying on prayer and the spirit to help me feel comforted at this time just because it's so hard with a new comp, a new area, and new people and it's helped so much like it always does!! I know father in heaven has sent me to this new area for a reason, it's just my job to find out what that reason is but I'll know soon enough! So crazy spiritual experience.... We went to visit a former investigator and she was really not feeling well and she's going through a rough break up right now so we got there and she asked for a blessing and she asked me to do it and I had no idea about her or her story but I said okay and I said a little prayer before to help me to know what to say and be guided by the spirit and I gave the blessing and afterwards she was nearly in tears and she told me "Thank you, that's exactly what I needed to hear." She told us she felt an overwhelming calm peace go through her. It was a crazy great experience! It really helped me to know I'm in this area for a reason. I'm doing great! Working harder than I have before. Im always so exhausted but it's worth it! I love the letters! Keep em comin! Love you guys! And have a great week! Love, Elder Chase Bowler

No comments:

Post a Comment