Tuesday, June 16, 2015

{week 21}

Happy day family and friends! Hope you are all doing great! Crazy story this week! We had a guy show up at church who was not a member so we decided to teach the 2nd hour class which is gospel principles and he was there so we taught the restoration and he loved it so much that he accepted a baptism date on the 11th of July! It was so crazy and such a great experience! But yeah, Another good week in blazing hot Taylorsville, Utah. The weather has been crazy out here! It's already in the mid 90's and it's so hot wearing slacks and button ups all day every day but nobody said it would be easy, but it WILL be worth it! Keep that in mind when you're going through a tough time! I finished the Book of Mormon a few weeks ago and what do you do when you finish the Book of Mormon...? You start over again!! I'm taking this reading slower and really pondering the messages given int he Book of Mormon. It's crazy how much you can learn just from the stories in the Book of Mormon as you search, ponder, and pray! Just like the primary song tells us to do. I hope you are all reading the Book of Mormon and praying for the lord to give you the confirmation that along with the bible, it is the fullness of the gospel! The introduction in the Book of Mormon is powerful! It promises us that as we read, ponder, and pray if the book is true, we WILL gain that testimony by the power of the Holy Ghost. That's a pretty bold promise right? So why not try it out?! Just as an experiment... Because if it is, then it will change your life! If it's not true, then I guess you'll never get those 30 minutes back. Which one outweighs the other? I challenge you all that aren't members of the church or even those that are members of the church that if you haven't read the Book of Mormon, to read it and put that promise to the test! For those of you that knew me before my mission, you'd know that I wasn't ever a person to be super religious or anything but because I know how much it can change lives now, I try to give everyone that opportunity to change their life just like I did! I've only been on my mission for 5 months, but I've learned more in these few months than I ever have! So that's my challenge to all of you. Read the Book of Mormon! Get in contact with missionaries in your area! We love referrals and teaching the gospel to those who are ready to hear it! I challenge all you members of the church to fast and pray for a friend you think who could be ready to hear the gospel and give that name to the missionaries and go over with them. I know it can be scary to talk to friends about it, trust me I know... Haha but d&c 49:27 promises us that Christ will be with us always and he will not let us be confounded! Lots of pretty bold promises in the scriptures so put them to the test! I promise you'll see a difference in your life as you share the gospel with others. And it is one of the covenants we make when we are baptized to take the lords name upon us and always remember him so that means talking to people about what the gospel has done for you in your life. Sometimes a single phrase of testimony can set events in motion that affect someone's life for eternity! I'm sacrificing 2 years away from my family so other families can be together forever! I love you guys! Sorry I didn't talk much about what happened this last week, sometimes the spirit just takes over! Have a great week! 
Love, Elder Bowler

No comments:

Post a Comment