Thursday, May 21, 2015

{week 17}

Good morning friends and family! 

So this week on Wednesday, I was on exchanges with our district leader and we were in my area which was nice because I know it so well. But anyways, our district leader is an awesome guy. He actually lived in San Bernardino and went to citrus Valley high! So we were talking all about things from California that we missed like bakers and Miguel's and we even had some mutual friends from Redlands! Exchanges with him went very well and he told me that I am very good with people and he could tell that I have a sincere desire to be here so that's always great to hear from a leader! I often feel discouraged out here because my area is struggling but I know that through diligence, Heavenly Father will put people in our path to find and teach! Did I ever tell you guys about Rick? So Rick has been less-active for 11 years and we've been visiting him a few times a week just to stop by and see how he's doing and he's told us several times that we don't need to come by because he doesn't want to go to church and if he did, he would do it on his own. Rick is now fully active in the church and has been coming to church for 6 weeks straight! He told us that all it took was for us to keep stopping by and just listening to what he had to say and just bring the spirit into his home and now he is a totally changed guy! Such an awesome guy. He brings us a 12 pack of Mountain Dew every other week! Haha but anyways, this week has been super rainy and not fun to be riding bikes... But I'm still staying positive! Me and my companion also spoke in one of our wards sacrament meetings as well this week! We spoke on joy In service to others and it actually went really well. I still don't like public speaking too much but through prayer and humbling ourselves and realizing that we can't do anything without the help of the savior we can make weak things become strong (Ether 12:27) Have a great week and keep sending pictures and emails (: love you guys! 

Love, Elder Chase Bowler

No comments:

Post a Comment