Tuesday, May 12, 2015

{week 16, 4 months}

Good morning friends and family! 

It's a beautiful day out here in Taylorsville, Utah! My week was pretty great! Getting to call my family on Mother's Day was definitely the highlight of my week! It was so great to hear all their voices and see their faces. All the babies are getting so big! It's super hard to say goodbye to family but after the call was over, I prayed afterwards for help from Heavenly Father to help me to use the call as a pick-up rather than a reason to be home sick and he totally answered my prayer and we had 3 great lessons that night! Oh and I hit 4 months this week! Crazy how fast the time is flying by already. Pretty funny story.. Last week on Wednesday, we had a zone training meeting which is when our whole zone (15 companionships) get together and have training on what we could improve on. The meeting was excellent and I really learned a lot. Afterwards, one of the senior couple sister missionaries came up to me and said "Wow, you have such nice hair. Enjoy it while you still have it!" It was super funny and definitely one highlight from the week. We also had a stop-smoking lesson this week which is always great to help someone to quit smoking and he is a father of 15 kids so it makes it even that much more special! We also had a baptism this week for Devon Rowlind. He's an awesome kid and he is 10 years old and his parents are less-active. We're hoping that by him being baptized, his parents will come back into activity in the church. His mom cried almost the whole time at the baptism and at the confirmation. Such a great experience to be a part of (: it has been raining a ton here in Utah! It really sucks having to ride a bike in the pouring rain hahaha anyways, I hope you are all having a great week and I hope the next week is great! Love you guys. Don't forget to send emails and pictures! 

Love, Elder Bowler

No comments:

Post a Comment