Monday, March 14, 2016

{life of Chase}

Good morning family! Sorry for not writing last week... I wasn't
around wifi most of the day so it was tough to send off emails. But
anyways, so what's been going on the last 2 weeks... I FOUND MY
WALLET! Here's the story: So me and my companion were walking home
from a lesson for dinner and my comp was like "hey man I'm thirsty..
Let's go to sonic" so I was like alright. Then on our way there, we
see these 2 chicks on the side of the sidewalk and they stop us and
ask what church we go to and so I take off my sunglasses to talk to
them and then she's like "DUDE I FOUND YOUR WALLET IN MY APARTMENT
COMPLEX" and so I got it back from her. #Miracles #Blessings. It was a
super cool experience. I prayed so hard for it. This last week was
really good too. We had like 25 lessons set up from teach but
unfortunately we had 12 cancel which is one of the toughest things
about missionary work. But the lessons we were able to have went
really well. Me and my companion are getting along pretty well. We
definitely do have some differences in how to do missionary work and
were pretty different in personalities too but it's all a learning
experience. We both love to play soccer so that's usually what we do
on p-days. Oh and this last week I got to go to a freakin JAZZ GAME!
It was so cool because it was my first NBA game. One of the members I
worked with in my second area called us on Friday morning and asked if
we wanted to go and me and my comp were like heck yeah, that'd be
dope. So we called our mission president to ask if it'd be okay and he
was down with it! We had to wear our missionary clothes which was way
weird but still an awesome experience. We definitely got judged and we
got tons of looks while we were there from the members but it was
still a good night haha. Oh and another thing, last week we had a zone
meeting just like normal but in this zone meeting, we talked a lot
about Rutts... So what are Rutts? Basically it's when you get into
this groove and you're just doin the same thing day by day and just
going through the motions. Basically, you're really comfortable with
where you're at... And if any of you know me, you know I love to be
comfortable so it was a really good meeting for me. Why is it bad to
be comfortable? Because if we're comfortable, it stops us from growing
and progressing. So that's probably been my biggest struggle out here
on a mission.. Like leaving areas that I love so much and then trying
to adjust to a new one so that's kinda my challenge to you guys.. Look
for ways to reach out to those around you... It might be a little
uncomfortable but no growth occurs in the comfort zone! Well that's
all for today!

Elder Bowler

No comments:

Post a Comment