Monday, September 7, 2015

{week 33, 8 months}

Transfersssss & 8 months out! 

Well, once again the time has come to transfers. And once again, I am getting another new companion. If you lost count, this will be my 6th companion in 6 transfers.. Hahaha. Elder Brumbaugh is leaving the area and I'm definitely gonna miss the great times we've had and all the fun times. He is headed to West Jordan and it will be his first time outside of Tooele Valley which I think will be a big culture shock for him. We're definitely gonna keep in touch because we're both from Texas and we might be rooming together at BYU-I so we'll see! I will be staying in the area and I will be getting a new companion named Elder Blatter and he has been out on his mission for 3 months. So I'll be his greenie-breaker and it will be my first comp that I've been out longer than! Hahaha I'm pumped because I love this area and it will be cool to kinda show a greenie the ropes. Seems like I was just there! So anyways, this week we had the opportunity to go to the Salt Lake Temple with our stake and a few of the people were teaching and I got the opportunity to do initiatories for the first time after my own endowment which was super cool. I love the temple! After we were done, the people we rode with decided to take us out to dinner at a place called Rodizio Grill and it was SOOOO good. I got to eat chicken heart which was kinda weird but hey I did it! So one of the coolest things happened yesterday during the ward we were in. It was fast and testimony meeting and there was a kid that had got up and his name was Garrett and he had been in a bad snow-mobile accident in the last few years which paralyzed him and gave him pretty bad brain damage but with the help of his mom, he got up to the stand and he stood up there and gave his testimony about how we are all given trials for specific reasons and we may not know why but they're all for a reason. And the spirit was so strong. It brought me to tears because I often think that I have it pretty rough out here and it really just humbled me and made me remember my purpose out here. I'm not out here for me; I'm here to be an example to my siblings (Especially my 2 brothers), invite others to come unto Christ, strengthen my family members back home, and to show gratitude to my Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ for all they have done for me. I love this gospel. I love my mission. If any of you youth are questioning going on a mission, DO IT! It's the best thing I ever did in my life. I love you guys! 

Elder Bowler

No comments:

Post a Comment