Tuesday, April 7, 2015

{week 11}

Today marks 3 months in the mission field! It's already flying by!!
This week has been another solid week here in Taylorsville, Utah! So
this week there's been some ups and downs as usual but definitely more
ups! Sadly there was no real April fools jokes played this year because my companion would have got super mad at me if I did so I just chose not to haha but anyways, on Wednesday 
we had a zone training meeting which is basically when our zone gathers together to have a meeting on how we are doing as a zone and what we could do better! We have 10 
companionships in our zone. The topic of the zone conference was chapel tours and how 
important they are. One part of zone training is that we do role plays and the zone 
leaders were going to go through a full chapel tour and basically show us "How it's done." Haha so they needed an investigator and they called on me to be that and it went really 
great! And my mission president was also there and I'm pretty sure the zone leaders really like me which usually means they'll put in a good word in with president Moffat which is 
good because he likes me but bad because I could possibly be put in to leadership... Hope not! Haha then on Thursday we had a really good first 12-week follow up meeting which is 
just a meeting for trainers and missionaries in the first 12 weeks of their mission which I'll only be in for one more week! Haha but anyways that meeting went great and my mission 
president is really coming around! He's been super awesome and fun recently and it really makes it a lot better here! Every Friday, we play dodge ball with a bunch of less-actives and non-members and that is always super fun because we get huge crowds out there and we 
usually teach them a lesson and it's always fun pegging teenagers (; hahaha Saturday was 
an awesome day! I prayed really hard that I would be able to really get something out of 
conference and I totally did! All the Saturday sessions were so great! A lot of reference to families and the atonement. Great conference! Our prophet didn't look like he was in 
the best health though /: Then Sunday came along and we went over to the Binghams home to watch the morning session and then afterwards, sister Bingham made us Waffles with home 
made jams and it was SOOO good!! Then we headed off to Trax and we went to the Sunday 
afternoon session of conference which was super awesome to be there in person. Funny story... So getting in to the conference center, you have to go through security and take out 
all the metal you have so I did and for some reason I kept getting detected like I had 
metal on and I couldn't figure it out! And the people were like come on elder! And then I 
finally realized I had my big silver watch on I forgot to take off haha I felt so dumb! 
But anyways, conference was great! So good to hear general authorities talk in person! So lately, I've really been trying to be exactly obedient and it's been working out great! 50 push-ups, 50 sit-ups, and 50 crunches every morning! So on Monday night, we had an 
appointment with a less-active guy whose name is Rick and we've been really trying to get Rick to come to church and he just never does because he really has trouble getting along with the members in his ward so we decided to go out and buy the Meet The Mormons dvd and watch it with him and we weren't really sure how it was going to go but we watched it and the spirit was so strong with him and afterwards, he was crying and he told me "Thank you for always being so consistent and not giving up on me. You guys have really made me want to change my life so I will commit to come to church this week. I love you   guys." I was crying with him. Me and him have really gotten to become very close since I've been 
meeting with him and we finished that night off with a big hug and then we left. Seriously one of the most spiritual experiences I've ever had. I know this gospel changes lives. I challenge all of you to do as the apostles have told us and conduct nightly scripture study
 and prayer and weekly FHE in your families. I know it can be tough at times but I know 
your families will be blessed for it and it will help your kids develop those scripture 
study habits that will bless them throughout their lives! Plant it in their minds now!  I love you guys! Thanks for all the love and support! Life is good! (:
Love, Elder Chase Bowler

Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment