Monday, January 26, 2015

{january 23, 2015}

Hello Family and Friends,

     I am now out in the mission field!  It has been pretty great so far!  My companion is awesome!  He loves to play sports and he's also teaching me a lot about how everything works.  The craziest part about it is that his name is Elder Ferguson and on the first day we met, he asked me where I was from and I told him originally California but I've been living in Texas for the last year and a half and he asked me if I knew a girl named Paige and I said yeah Paige is my cousin...Then I asked how he knew her and he said his cousin is Megan Cancienne and he used to go over to Megan's house sometimes and he would see Paige!  It was so crazy because I heard Megan's cousin was in my mission and it turns out he is my first companion and trainer!  I was so happy to have a companion who I get along with and we have a bunch of things in common.  We play dodge ball with investigators every Friday night and basketball every Thursday night with more investigators.  We actually have a baptism on date for the 21st of February already.  We began teaching this nine year old boy who doesn't have active parents the first day I got here and he loves learning about all the lessons and he is super smart!  His older brother just got baptized about a month ago and he is 17 years old so he is going to baptize Bryce.  I still miss home and my family like crazy but I know where I am supposed to be.  Please don't send stuff to the mission home address because the mission president said he will send it back because he wants us to have mail come to our apartment.
     My address of my apartment is 6088 South Shirl Street Taylorsville, Utah 84123.  Anyways.  I love you all and I'd love to get letters and emails!  My p-days are on Tuesdays so I will be emailing you guys on Tuesday!

                                                                           Love, Elder Bowler

No comments:

Post a Comment