Monday, July 13, 2015

{week 25}

Whazaaaappp friends and family! 

We had our first zone conference as the new west mission this last week. For those of you who don't know what's going on, as of July 1st I am in the Salt Lake City west mission. All the mission boundaries in Utah were re-drawn to make them more equal in boundaries. I have a brand new mission president and instead of just 3 zones , we have 9! And we have missionaries from 4 different Utah missions trying to come in and be one mission which is really tough because we all came from 4 different mission presidents so we all have different ways of doing missionary work but it's fun to get together and meet the other missionaries. I met a missionary from Bakersfield named elder Franco and I asked him if he knew the Galyan family and he said he knew Jill and Neil! Haha it was awesome. Maybe we will be able to be companions some day! Our new mission president is so much different than my other one... He focuses a lot more on loving the people and doing your best and just having a great mission rather than my other mission president who was all about numbers and chastising us all the time lol. In other news, our investigator Alex is progressing really well and she is being baptized this Saturday by her dad and I will be confirming her on Sunday which will be my first time confirming someone so I'm pretty nervous but I've gotta have courage like the stripling warriors in Alma Ch.56; Rely on the lord and everything will be alright! Then on Friday we had the chance to take Alex to temple square and it was awesome. The spirit is always so strong at temple square! The sisters who gave us the tour liked Alex so much that they asked us if they could come to her baptism and we didn't know that they could do that but of course we said yes! We're excited to have Alex's baptism this week and everything is coming together great! 

Love, Elder Bowler

No comments:

Post a Comment